For most of us, our lives are the accumulation of the choices we make everyday. God has given you the freedom and responsibility of free choice. Choose life. Choose blessings.
Deuteronomy 30:19 – 20
19 “Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live!
20 You can make this choice by loving the Lord your God, obeying him, and committing yourself firmly to him. This is the key to your life. And if you love and obey the Lord, you will live long in the land the Lord swore to give your ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.”
Today I want to encourage you to choose life in eight areas of your life:
- People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centred. Forgive them anyway (Matt 6:14-15)
To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you.
- If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind (Eph 4:31 -32)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
- If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed (Jer 29:11)
Failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of the success.
- If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway (Col 3:9-10)
Honesty is a very expensive gift, don’t expect it from cheap people.
- What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create (Ex 35:31-33)
Create things you wish existed.
- If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy (Ps 92: 1-4)
Be happy and a reason will come along.
- The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good (Gal 6: 7-10)
Do all the good you can and make as little fuss about it as possible.
- Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best (Col 3:23-25)
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.
In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.